If you see news about The Blue Note Grill, let us know so we can add it to our archive!
We’re starting a new feature this week. We’re checking in with our local musicians to see and hear what they’ve been creating during these months at home. Find out their inspirations, what equipment they’ve been using at home, and who they’ve been working with remotely. If you’ve got new music, we want to know about it. Contact us at email@example.com with Still Making Music in the subject line.
First up is Mysti Mayhem, “Song Never Ends”
Mysti: “Song never ends is about a dream I had where a friend of mine and I were tripping on mushrooms. When the mushrooms started to kick in in my dream, we both looked at each other while the band played and we were outside in the night sky was blooming with stars. She smiles greatly and says earnestly, while bouncing on the balls of her feet, “I just want to dance until the song never ends! “. I laughed at her in my dream, And said “ha ha, that makes no sense. “In my dream she replied, “of course it does! “. I woke up with a wonderful feeling in my heart and wrote this song about missing my friends and wanting to dance until the song never ends. All of my music can be purchased on my Band Camp page, where most artists receive the majority of sales on that platform and have the least taken from them from their sales.
I am currently working with a new program on an old Mac tower, a scarlet interface, and a blue bottle condenser mic.”
Listen on BandCamp: https://mystimayhem.bandcamp.com
AUGUST 5, 2020
Because of YOU, we are almost able to Save Our Stages! The SOS Act in the Senate is nearly a reality, but we need a big push over the finish line! Because we love our fans and want to spread the word about this effort, many of your favorite NC & SC indie venues & promoters aregiving away a truly epic prize: the CAROLINAS GOLDEN TICKET!
One lucky music fan will win this grand prize pass: a pair of tix to any and every show from 2021-2022 from ALL of the
participating venues & promoters below! By entering a comment on this post you will be entered to win a pair of VIP tickets to a future show of your choice at The Blue Note Grill.
To Enter (by Wed 8/5, 9pm): Go to www.saveourstages.com (link in bio), fill in your info to generate a letter of support, like this post, and tag a friend in the comments along with sharing your favorite concert memory at The Blue Note Grill.
Good luck and thanks for helping to #saveourstages ! Visit all the participating venues to enter multiple times! One grand prize Golden Ticket winner will be chosen across all participants below:
Rules: Must be 21 years or older to enter and win. Winning prize non-transferrable. Winner will be chosen at random and notified by direct message. By entering you agree to have your user name announced as the winner. The deadline to enter is 8/5/20 at 9PM ET. Only valid at concerts, if any, offered and presented by the participating venues and promoters during the contest period which begins 1/1/21 and expires 12/31/22. Not valid for room rentals or special events.
- Our Pick: WillFest VI by Grant Britt, (INDY Week, June 1,2016)
- 24 Hours in Durham by Matt Long, (TRIVAGO, November 27,2015)
- The 10 Best College Towns in the U.S., (CITI IO, October 6, 2015)
- Hitting the High Notes by Deborah Miller (Durham Magazine, September 2015)
- BBQ Served Up with a Side of Live Music at The Blue Note Grill by Elizabeth R. Elstien (North Carolina Homes, September 2015)
- The Blue Note Grill brings nightlife to the northwestern corner of downtown Durham by Virginia Bridges (The Durham News/News & Observer, July 21, 2015)
- Beat The Blues at the Blue Note Grill, photos by @BullByTheFork, (getoffline.com)
- Durham’s Blue Note Grill now open at new location by Rebecca Troyer (Triangle Business Journal, June 26, 2015)
- Blue Note Grill opens near the DAP by Alex Dixon (Herald-Sun June 25, 2015)
- The Blue Note Grill is Moving to Downtown Durham by Danielle Rode (RaleighMusic.com)
- Last Call at Blue Note Grill by Steve Haughton (Soundstreet.us, May 28, 2015)
- 15 Restaurants In North Carolina That Will Blow The Taste Buds Out Of Your Mouth by Spencer McKee (Motovoto Blog, March 3, 2015)
- Durham’s Blue Note Grill moving to Washington Street by Rebecca Troyer (Triangle Business Journal, April 24, 2014)
- Changes coming to Central Park Area by Laura Oleniacz (Herald-Sun, April 14, 2014)
- Hidden Delight by Cyclones3 (Trip Advisor, July 14, 2013)
- Carpe Durham, June 11, 2010