Booking Your Artist or Band
The Blue Note Grill is one of the Triangle’s premier live-music venues, complete with a full-service restaurant and bar. Family-owned and operated, the Blue Note Grill was voted by readers of the INDY as Best Place in the Triangle 2016 to hear Blues and were finalists for Best Place to hear Bluegrass, Best Place for Wings, and Best Waitstaff!. And the barbecue and ribs are second to none!
We are a non-smoking venue; smoking is only allowed outside in designated areas.
Playing the Note
Since opening in 2010, the Blue Note Gill has hosted local, regional and touring artists alike – from our outstanding local talent to national artists like Will McFarlane, The Nighthawks, Jimmy Thackery, Victor Wainwright, Samantha Fish, Tas Cru, Tommy Castro, Albert Castiglia, Selwyn Birchwood, Kelvin Holley, Tinsley Ellis, Slam Allen, Lil’ Ed & the Blues Imperials, Madeleine Peyroux, JP Soars, Delta Moon, Teresa James & the Rhythm Tramps, Darrell Scott, Cedric Burnside, The Quebe Sisters, Lauren Mitchell, Bobby Messano, Ruthie Foster, Jarekus Singleton, Bruce Katz Band, Harvey Dalton Arnold, Larry Mitchell, Annie McCue, Harper & Midwest Kind, The Gravy Boys, Wayne Sharp & the Sharpshooters, and local/regional favorites. We’re always interested in introducing new artists and music to our fans.
If you are interested in playing at The Blue Note, please contact us by email: email@example.com and include the word Booking – followed by the band/artist name – in the subject line.
Make sure to send us links to your website, music links (ReverbNation, YouTube, etc) along with band bio information, available dates, band contact, etc. Please do not send us mp3 files!
Making it Work
Once a date is confirmed, we work together with you to promote the show so it can be a success. Please provide The Blue Note Grill with posters and be prepared to help us promote through all social networks. We’ll share your appearance on our website and in our weekly email newsletter and expect you to do the same with your fans. Feel free to contact us to coordinate promotional and marketing efforts for your upcoming show.
Rent the Room
Yes, we are available for private events and functions. Just ask.
- Seating Capacity: 140 seats/75 standing
- Stage Dimensions: 18′ wide x 12’ deep x 13″ high
- Total Square Feet: Approx. 2500 SF
- Distance from stage to nearest/furthest seating: 12ft./50ft.
- Load-In: Ample parking available in front of, beside, and behind the building. Load-in ramp at the back of the building.
- Dressing Room: Located at side of stage for equipment storage and dressing.
- Food/Drink: Dinner meal provided to performers following sound check.
- Internet: In-house high-speed wi-fi available throughout building. PW: BBQ&BLUES
- Merchandising: We can provide a table either in the lobby or directly beside the state.
Stage: 12’ deep x 18’ wide
- 12 chauvet slimPAR QUAD 12 IRC
- myDMX 2.0 software controller running on house computer
- Yamaha MGP 24X
Main Speaker System
- JBL PRX 710
- JBL JRX 100 Subwoofer
- 4 – Alto TS112
- 1 – Berringer F1320
- Shure SM58 (4)
- Shure SM57 (2)
- Sennheiser e935 (1)
- Sennheiser e835 (1)
- Shure DMK5752 Drum Mic Kit (1)
- Audix D2 Kick Drum Mic (1)
Located right across the street from the old Durham Bulls Athletic Park, where Bull Durham was filmed.
Former machine shop and auto parts store.
Friday shows: All start at 9pm after the 6-8pm band. Load in cannot happen until 1st band is cleared.
Ticket Sales: Etix, at the door
Reservations for family members need to be made WELL IN ADVANCE by phone, not email. We book up early and would hate to disappoint your personal guests.
BNG weekly newsletter, press releases for touring artists, social media, advertising ticket & CD giveaways
Artist should provide as much support toward the show as possible: Posters, giveaways, be available for interviews